5/6/14

Improvised (for Nils Frahm)

Pocket evening

Electric piano tunes
dripping and cascading
into twilight silence

Sugar teardrops
I’d never dream
of weeping

Salty rain
I’d crave
to get soaked in

I stop doing
what I’m doing
I don’t think
don’t even breathe
and listen
just listen

With my ears
my closed eyes
my skin
my mind

Note-pearls
bead after bead
prickle through
then swell to tides
then echo inside
my skull and chest
touching my
inner bells


(check out: Nils Frahm, *1982, German composer and musician)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfKpg8Jb4jo

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poetry, Dieter.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, and I'm really glad you liked it, Joyce :-)

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful. Love the new look of your blog too. Are we no longer 'Confession mates'? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, nice to see ya here, Heddi! And why, thank you, I quite like this, too—blue is somewhat my colour. Of course we're still co-confessioners on the www, I've merely changed my baseline (don't ask me why). But if you look at your browser's title bar, you'll notice these are still Confessions of a Wannabe Writer. I wouldn't leave you all alone, dear :-) xoxoxo

      Delete